I remember packing my things before going to the airport and not actually realizing that I was going to spend my summer in Los Angeles, but it all hit me when I saw the Hollywood sign. I remember driving up the side of the mountain for our Hollywood hike, and thinking about how lucky I was to be in this great city of dreams. Since I’ve been here, I have learned and experienced so much. If I were to pick an experience that I liked the most it would be taking the VIP tour of the Warner Lot. Driving around in the long golf-cart looking vehicle, our charismatic tour guide gave us an ear full of information. Here are some of the fun facts I learned:
- Not one episode of “Friends” was taped in New York City.
- Motorcycles are not allowed in the Warner Lot because of James Dean.
- All of the batmobiles can be driven and can shoot fire.
- Anne Hathaway’s stunt double in The Dark Knight Rises broke a $400,000 camera.
- There are rarely an open doors in movies or TV shows because there is most likely another set behind those doors.
- The only scene from The Hangover that was actually filmed in Las Vegas were the long shots of the Vegas strip.
- Comedians on sitcoms feed off of live audiences’ laughter to see if audiences at home will like their jokes.
- The main six actors in “Friends” were paid an equal amount of money and had the same amount of lines each season.
To see where some of my favorite TV shows and movies were filmed made me love Los Angeles more than I already did. As I explore more this city has to offer, I understand why so many people flock here to pursue their passion. I’m looking forward to the second half of the summer here and hope to discover more great reasons to love LA.