After a long, exhilarating, eventful, and tiring day at Six Flags Magic Mountain, I have realized how to make the most of your time at Magic Mountain or any theme park. First and foremost, if you aren’t a roller coaster person think long and hard if you should go to a theme park. If you don’t like to ride roller coasters you will spend a lot of time at the park alone waiting in the hot sun for you’re friends to get off rides or wasting your money on games. If you’re willing to wait go, if not don’t go otherwise you going to be the Debby downer in the group that wants to leave early. With that said here is a list of things to keep in mind as you plan your next trip to Magic Mountain:
- Drive with as many people your car can fit because parking is $18 and the more people you have the cheaper it is!
- Print your tickets a head of time so you don’t waste anytime.
- ARRIVE EARLY!!!! The park opens at 10 AM and be the first ones there so you don’t have to wait in long lines. Most people arrive at noon so if you come early you beat the rush. However, if you can’t get there early think about starting to get on rides in the middle of the park versus the entrance rides. I noticed most people just got in line for the first big ride they saw and since so many people do this those lines we the longest when the park got crowded.
- See what rides you want to ride ahead of time on the website’s map, so again you don’t waste time.
- BRING YOUR SWIMSUIT! There is a waterpark so don’t forget your swim suit if you wish to go to the waterpark. I forgot mine and didn’t get a chance to go to the water park, but the water rides look just as fun as the roller coasters. Also, this is a nice alternative if you don’t like roller coasters.
- Bring a backpack with LOTS of water. There are not a lot of places with shade, so you can get dehydrated fast. Food and drinks are extremely overpriced so come prepared with drinks, but keep in mind security doesn’t allow you to bring food into the park.
- Plan on traffic going to/leaving the park. Like anywhere in Los Angeles, there was a lot of traffic. Just make the most of your time. Burn some CD’s and jam out with your friends to make the time go by fast!